Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tool #11 - Self Assessing and Reflecting


1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.
Since my classes have already used Edmodo,Animoto,and Wordle in my classroom, I look forward to using new tools such as Today's Meet , Thinkfinity, and Google Docs  just to name a few. I will show my students these sites and let them take off to design and create. I bet some of my students have already hit some of these sites and know of other sites to share as well. I am always asking and polling  my class about the latest sites they have visited. They get on my computer, pull up the site and share it on my active board with the class.  By the next day, a student will want to share what they learned or created on that site.  Remember...... I am just the facilitator!


2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner?
 Traveling through 11 tools has opened up my view of the cyber world. This was just the tip of the ice berg! Due to our ever changing, dynamic world, 11 tools is such an eye opener yet, It is not the be all . I am very excited about getting the new iPads and Macs for my classroom . These and the new tools I have learned will definitely change my instruction. I have always thought of myself as the facilitator for my students' learning and this will enable them to show more ownership of their  work and ideas. 

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I feel so much better and confident in my teaching just knowing these some of these  tools of many that are out there in the cyber world. I also had some Ah ha moments myself. I was surprised at how I maneuvered through 11 Tools and enjoyed playing and creating the tools . At first I was intimidated and now I am ready to ask and learn so much more to enhance my teaching!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Sally for finishing the tools. You have been such an inspiration to me. Having surgery and getting right up to work on the 11 Tools and enjoy life. You definitely have the WOW factor!

    ReplyDelete